Pages

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

New Year's Resolutions

Too late for one, but consider that it's just two weeks from the beginning of the year and there are lots of months and weeks and days to come, I'm gonna write my resolutions for 2014. I usually don't write this stuffs, but it's because right after the school began a new year my teacher gave a lecture about it and also I want some motivations to overcome myself.

1. Stay in good shape: I ate a lot of junk food the last year and don't feel that I worked out properly at all. In my old time, school was probably everything. These past few years, I had practiced some sports, but I don't think that the duration was long enough. "When you have your health, you have everything. When you do not have your health, nothing else matters at all." My plan will be eating healthy food (which is mostly impossible for my school's cafeteria but I will try), trying to cut snack , and starting to work out like 2 days a week, then increasing gradually (I know that I can't do 7 days in a week right away. That would destroy my spirit immediately).

2. Preparation for colleges and universities: This includes studying for SAT and TOEFL, etc. I only have 2 years left, and I'm still confusing about what kind of job I want to do when I grow up. I have to apply for scholarship, financial aid and so on, since we are not a wealthy family. My learning process also counts toward this step I think. I have a lot of apertures at school, especially at German. The teacher made it feel like eternity and I either just temted to do something else in class or to take a nap. I will try harder, but I don't know if it will work or not :P

3. Make money: Probably does not really count toward resolutions, but I just want to add it in for true motivation. It's really hopeless to find a part-time job here for a student who-is-under-18-years-old-and-only-speaks-foreign-languages-and-has-no-skill-whatsoever. I actually researched and found ONLY 1 pretty suitable job which is being a mystery shopper. I didn't contact with them yet, but hope it will work out for me. I'm desperate for money. It's like an addiction of some sorts. With that money I can save for a camcorder, mic, and etc which is crucial for youtube video and I just feel like I'm going to do it (I know, I'm such a dreamer).

4. Write blog regularly: Last but not least, this both helps my English skill to become better (I hope) and will hopefully be one of my hobbies. Nonetheless, it's fun to express out your feeling in paragraphs that's like newspaper.

That's it for today. The next blog post will be about Australian Open - the first Grand slam tennis of the year. I'm so excited. 

No comments:

Post a Comment